Monday, November 14, 2011

Hello Barbara! By: Lane

I know it has been a while since I last posted, but I'm getting better! Promise, I have this big whiteboard in my room that is now completely covered with blog ideas! Now I know that Ella does the woman of the month, but I would like to do the women of the hour in my mind. Pppprresenting, the one, the only: Barbara Streisand!!!! I mean who doesn't like Barbara? Actually, I know a lot of people who are Barbara haters, but I just watched a Streisand marathon and now that's all I can think about. So, in my vain attempt to get rid of the constant singing of songs from Funny Girl, Hello Dolly, Yentl, and Funny Lady that has been playing on a loop in my head since Friday (11/11/11!) I will now blog a little about her. First of all, I think she has one of the most amazing voices ever. Don't get me wrong, I do love almost all kinds of music, including rock, but no one would ever watch a movie with Kurt Cobain staring as Fanny Brice or even Nick Arnstein for that matter. No matter how funny it would be, there would still be something not satisfying about it. Funny Girl: is awesome possum! Fanny is determined to get what she wants and once heard, it's really hard to get "People" out of your head. Hello Dolly: I think she's really funny playing Dolly Levi and when Dolly gets under Horace Vandergelder's skin. It's so cute when Cornelius and Barnaby stary singing "It Only Takes A Moment". Okey dokey artichokies (is that how you spell that?) I think my Barbara craziness is over now. Until we meet again dearies!

Yours Truly,
Lane

P.S. Did I mention I would LOVE to visit her closet, especially if it had all of her costumes in there!!!












No comments:

Post a Comment