Monday, November 21, 2011

Oh To Be Young Again! By: Lane

When I think of my childhood, I think of sitting way to close in front of the TV with my juice in one hand and my blankie in the other watching the Saturday morning cartoons. You should know that I'm not old at all, but my cousins who are between 6-17 don't even know what I'm talking about when I say "Did you see that episode of the Jetsons where..." and then they just stare at me and give me this blank look. Should I even know who they are? I have no idea, but I don't and will never regret my time spent reciting Looney Tunes quotes to myself, playing with my Flinstones vitamins while making them talk and walk, sleeping with my stuffed animals Scooby and Scrappy Doo (so that they could protect me of course), walking around like a robot and making everyone call me Rosie for a week, throwing a fit and screaming at my mom when she killed a mouse because I thought she had just murdered Jerry, and many more happy memories. My favorite memory though has to be when my family had chicken for dinner one night and I thought I was being so cool when I put the bone from the chicken leg in my hair so I could be like Pebbles and then my cousin screamed because he thought I had stolen his *peepee* and then he snatched it out of my hair, put it in his pants and told me that is was illegal to steal from Bamm-Bamm. I'm sure that you will all be glad to know that my 5 year old self immediately threw that video into the creek behind my cousins house. Anyway, my point is : where did all the anvils go? Sorry, GG joke. My real point is: where did all the good cartoons go? Now, all there is now is Disney channel and I like some of the old Disney movies, but not this new (cough, cough) *stuff* (cough, cough). I now pledge to try and show the next generation that there is more to the world of Saturday morning TV then shows with too much drama. Are you with me? Sir, yes sir! ARE YOU WITH ME??? SIR, YES SIR!!! Actually I prefer Miss thankyouverymuch! Before you go, I must admit that I have seen and maybe (you have no proof!) laughed at newish shows, but the old ones are still better! So long, farewell, auf wiedersehn, goodnight!

Buenas Noches,
Lane

No comments:

Post a Comment